Monday, October 4, 2010


Steak, funeral potatoes ( a standard Mormon dish), green beans

You may have noticed that green beans are my go to vegetable. I don't mean to toot my own horn but I make a mean green bean. And I'll let you in on my little secret...They are so easy. I usually use frozen beans from Costco

I fill a pot 3/4 full of water and bring it to a boil then add a couple hand fulls of beans and a little salt.

Bring back to a boil over medium high heat and continue to boil for about 5-10 more minutes. I usually know they are done when they turn bright green. If you're not sure then just pull one out and taste it. They should still have a little bite to them.
Drain the beans and add 1 T butter, margarine, or olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and I add a couple tsp of this seasoning
You can use a couple cloves of minced garlic or a little garlic powder and fresh or dried dill. Cover with a lid and let sit for about 5 minutes, then stir.

Isn't that a pretty sight?

1 comment:

  1. Oohhh- I'm totally making my green beans like that next time! YUM

    ReplyDelete